I review the small business training available in the Profit Before You Pay website from Karl Bryan and Adrian Ulsh.
Google has warned me that this website may have been hacked and, therefore I have switched to recommended Adrian’s version Income Before You Buy.
>> Click over to the Profit Before You Pay website (affiliate link)
Enter your name and email address and watch the free video on the three biggest lead generation mistakes made by most small business owners.
Who Is Karl Bryan?
Karl is an experienced business coach, consultant and speaker with many years of experience of helping small business owners to increase sales and profit.
He recognised that through coaching and speaking at seminars he had helped thousands of entrepreneurs but it wasn’t enough. If he wanted to help millions of business owners he had to do more… and he did.
He has created an online e-learning system which he has licensed to hundreds of business coaches to use as the basis for how they help their clients.
Profit Before You Pay gives you the chance to gain access to that system for a very reasonable monthly fee.
You can learn more about Karl from his LinkedIn profile.
Who Is Adrian Ulsh?
Adrian is Karl’s right hand man as the CEO of Karl’s company Leader Publishing Worldwide. He is the presenter of many of the training videos in the Profit Before You Pay system.
Before teaming up with Karl, he worked for Y2 Marketing and OneCoach. He has won many top salesman of the year awards for his ability to create excellent results.
You can learn more about Adrian from his LinkedIn profile.
Who Will Benefit From Being A Member Of Profit Before You Pay?
It is a website that provides marketing, sales and business growth training for businesses who sell online and offline.
If you don’t do trade online and offline, you will still benefit from many of the ideas but it may be better to join one of the other training programs I recommend.
What Makes Profit Before You Pay So Special?
- The deal – you can try it for 30 days for $97. This is a great low risk way for you to see what it’s like for yourself. While reviews will help, there is no substitute for trying it yourself and making up your own mind.
- The breadth and depth of the high quality training – when you join on the trial, I’m sure you’ll be astonished by how many options you have in front of you. It is based on direct response marketing which is the most cost efficient and effective marketing for small businesses to use.
- The variety of structured ways for you to work through the training materials. Karl and Adrian are very aware that the immense volume of tips and techniques is overwhelming if you aren’t given some direction.
- The Quick Start Program is designed to give you immediate results. Ten lessons have been selected to help you deal with the most common problems that hold small businesses back and gently introduce you to the training. The aim is to help you to generate an extra $10,000 from the training delivered in the first month on the basis that you will implement.
- You can be guided by the Weekly E-learning series of videos and written briefings. If you prefer learning by taking a structured course, you will receive two emails per week, one pointing to a video and the second a written lesson, to help you build a better business week by week. Unless you have an urgent need that must be resolved, I believe this is the easiest and best way to work through the marketing and business growth training. It has the big benefit of reducing it to bite-sized pieces.
- The Customized Roadmap focuses your attention on the training that will help you to resolve your biggest constraints first. You will be encouraged to work through a questionnaire about your business. This gives you the chance to assess where you believe the biggest problems are and the system automatically calculates the best place in the training for you to start.
- You still have control and can use your own judgement about the training you want to take. The main content is separated into six categories: More leads, more conversions, more transactions, higher prices, more profits, building a million dollar business (about systemising it).
- The training is provided in multiple formats. The weekly video training helps you to learn with your eyes and ears but if you have a strong preference for listening or reading, the mp3s and slide presentations can be downloaded.
- The offer currently includes access to weekly coaching calls. Each week Adrian (usually) digs into a new topic to give you more tips on how to build your business or to implement the training.
- Done for you marketing examples across many different industries and trades. Training on theory is fine but how do the ideas apply in your type of business? This tailored help and advice is usually the big advantage that one-to-one coaching has over the best training. Astonishingly Profit Before You Pay has it covered through a small business resource library that shows you advertisements, elevator pitches and other marketing collateral. If your particular business type isn’t covered, I think you’ll find examples of similar types of products or services sold to your type of customers.
- The lessons have been turned into easy to use templates where you fill in the gaps. For example, you may be struggling to define your niche but it’s much easier if you think of it as “what do you sell” to “what type of customers” e.g. “we sell car repair and regular maintenance services” to “customers with little knowledge of how cars work and who therefore need a service they can trust implicitly to do it right and to charge a fair price”.
Can you see how a simple template when it’s explained can help cut through the confusion of marketing your business?
- Profit Before You Pay is fairly evenly balanced between online and offline marketing. It is ideal for businesses that must compete in both arenas and for business owners who don’t want to be confused by conflicting methodologies that are common if you use two training programs.
What’s Wrong With Profit Before You Pay?
I believe that a review has to fairly present the good and the bad so here are the reasons why this training might not be suitable for you.
- You must work through the training and take action to get the benefits. The is the big drawback of all training. Your payback depends on you being sufficiently self-motivated to do the work. This is the #1 reason why business owners waste money by buying training. Working with a coach will hold you accountable at each meeting (and sometimes in-between) but you’re left on your own with training.
- You might resist the look of direct response marketing. Owners and managers have a desire to make their advertising look pretty and professional. This has led many to waste a lot of money individually on marketing that doesn’t work. The only relevant test of an ad is “did this make potential customers take action?” A marketing piece is better if more people respond, worse if fewer buy.
This aversion to “ugly marketing that works” is a particular problem for British business owners who don’t want to be seen as pushy or using hype. These techniques also work in the UK and you can prove it for yourself by seeing what marketing tempts you to either buy or at least to make contact and find out more.
Let’s be clear about hype. My definition of it is “big claims that don’t come with proof”. If you can prove your claims (and you should), your marketing is credible and will genuinely help customers. Holding back by making your marketing less persuasive than it can be is hurting your customers because they may buy from competitors and therefore hurting you.
- You might not like the style of presentations. People have very personal tastes and just as we like different musicians and comedians, we can like or dislike different speakers.
- You might feel overwhelmed. Karl and Adrian have built different ways for you to work through the training but even then, it might seem too much. Even the weekly emails can feel relentless if you’re really busy and you can start to feel guilty.
Business owners are usually short of time and whilst Profit Before You Pay includes tips for getting more out of your time, there is a physical limit to the time you can spend working.
How you organise your time will come down to your priorities. How important is it that you improve the financial performance of your business? If it is really important, you must make the time available.
- The done-for-you marketing may limit your thinking. It’s great that Profit Before You Pay has examples of marketing for so many different businesses and many people will find it very helpful to see the principles applied in areas that they know well. However our minds can be lazy and prefer easy options.
The best marketing will be unique to your business and reflect the features and benefits that make it special. Copying marketing campaigns designed for other businesses may give you better that what you have at the moment but it won’t be the best you can do.
- Mindset Issues are not covered explicitly. For some business owners, the problem is different from normal. They know what to do but they still don’t do it. Whilst there are many reasons why this might happen, negative beliefs about either or both money or marketing may be the cause.
- If your business is all online or all offline, you may be better with one of my other recommendations. Please go back to my training reviews and read about other programs.
My Overall Conclusion About Profit Before You Pay
I was absolutely amazed when I saw the contents of the training and started to work through the materials.
I share Karl’s vision of making proven marketing techniques available to many more business owners so that they can stop wasting so much money on marketing that doesn’t work.
You and I probably haven’t spoken or emailed about your particular situation but I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t take up the offer of the 30 days access for $97.
The best, most convincing proof is for you to see the system for yourself and to put a few of the ideas into action.
How To Join Profit Before You Pay
Click over the Profit Before You Pay Website (affiliate link)
I urge and strongly recommend that you enter your name and email and MAKE the time to watch the free video on the three biggest marketing mistakes made by most small business owners.
You will then receive for free videos over the next few days for you to judge for yourself the quality of the ideas and training.
How To Cancel Your Membership Of Profit Before You Pay
It may seem strange to talk about cancelling your membership before you’ve joined but I know from my own experience that I am concerned about how easy it is to get out of a commitment before I make it in the first place.
The contact information for Profit Before You Pay is:
Telephone: +1 778.355.9151
If you pay for your membership with Paypal, you can cancel the regular payments by following these instructions.
I’ve found Karl and Adrian to be very fair in my dealings with them and I don’t expect you to have any problems. However, in the unlikely event of you not receiving a response from their customer service people, if you are one of my affiliates, I will get involved on your behalf if you want to cancel but can’t.
So go ahead, give it a try.
>>> Join Profit Before You Pay (affiliate link) <<<
I Am An Affiliate And Will Earn A Commission If You Buy
Throughout this website, I’ve tried to make it very clear that I am an affiliate.
If you click on my link and then join and keep paying, I will earn a commission.
This doesn’t affect how much you pay if you were to go direct. I see the commission as the equivalent of the margin retailers make on selling their products.
Some people may see my recommendation as biased because I profit.
That’s true of anyone who does any selling and is common amongst those who make recommendations and referrals. Often the financial incentive isn’t made as explicit as I make it but I believe that it’s best practice to make you aware of what is happening.
It’s in my interest to gain your trust because I usually want you to buy more than one training product.
Profit Before You Pay is so good and so comprehensive that I don’t believe that you’re going to need anything else.
Give it a try.
>>> Profit Before You Pay (affiliate link) <<<